General Weather (pick the office nearest your location)
The National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office websites contains lots of valuable information, including:
- For a current local conditions and a detailed 7-day weather forecast and hazardous weather information, click on your location on the map
- Note the links to radar and satellite images
- Note the "Top News of the Day" (top of the page), which often contains interesting information from recent weather occurrences
- Note the "Weather Story" near the bottom which gives a general summary the predicted near-future weather pattens
Southern Wisconsin (from Milwaukee) http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx/
Western Wisconsin (from La Crosse) http://www.crh.noaa.gov/arx/
Eastern Wisconsin (from Green Bay) http://www.crh.noaa.gov/grb/
There are a lot of different radar sites on the web. Different radar sites often have different color schemes for precipitation intensity. Find one that you prefer and stick with it. That way you can use your acquired knowledge of the colors to judge how intense rainfall/snowfall will be.
- Milwaukee http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=MKX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes
- La Crosse http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=ARX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes
- Nationwide, with the ability to zoom in on your area:
Allows coordinates for specific locations, allowing you to clearly identify desired locations on a map
Has a Google Maps satellite image as the background.
Days 1-5 Quantitative Precipitation Forecastshttp://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/24hrqpfall.html This gives the expected precipitation, by day, for the US. The information here should match fairly closely with the precipitation amounts shown for the Runoff Risk Advisory Forecast Map.
Graphical Weather Forecasthttp://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/uppermissvlyWeek.php?expandweek=ON#tabs
Just hover over a day/time with your cursor, and view forecasted:
- Daily High/Low Temperatures
- Precipitation Probabilities
- General Weather Observations
- Hourly Temperatures
- Wind Speed and Direction
- Wind Gusts
- Sky Cover
- Amount of Precipitation
- Amount of Snow
Click for Details
Click on the map to pop up the forecast for precipitation and runoff risk.